ASHE Live Online Training: Physical Environment Survey Readiness - Care Environment, July 13, 2023
Date: Jul 13, 2023 - Jul 13, 2023
This program will help health care facility professionals prepare for The Joint Commission environment of care survey. This program covers the entire survey process, regulations including NFPA codes and CMS Conditions of Participation, and common areas of deficiencies. The program is useful for those who are new to the survey process as well as those who have been through many surveys. With so many changes in regulations and new methodologies for surveys, this program provides attendees with valuable insight.
Topics covered in this module:
- NFPA code overview (2012 edition)
- Survey process
- Safety and security
- Hazardous materials and waste
- Fire safety
- Medical equipment
- Other physical environment requirements
- Staff competency
- Monitoring and improvement
- Associated K-tags
- Related accrediting organization standards
- Gain familiarity with the survey process
- Learn how to understand, prepare and organize the documentation needed for the survey.
- Understand the relationship between all EC standards, K-tags and applicable codes.
- Gain awareness of the most common and most critical findings along with recommendations for compliance.
- Learn strategies for compliance.
- David A. Dagenais, CHFM, FASHE, CHSP, Sr. Director of Plant Operations, Clinical Engineering, Emergency Management, Safety Officer, Wentworth-Douglass Hospital
This course offer 7 CECs
- Member: $565
- Nonmember: $665
. Credit hours can be used toward the renewal of the Certified Health Care Facility Manager
(CHFM) credential and the Certified Health Care Constructor
6:00 am - 2:00 pm Pacific Time
7:00 am - 3:00 pm Mountain Time
8:00 am - 4:00 pm Central Time
9:00 am - 5:00 pm Eastern Time
This is a live virtual training course. Please create an individual account and complete individual registration. Only the person registered will gain access and acquire credit for completing the virtual course.
Please note, you will receive further instruction of how to gain access once registration is complete. These steps must be complete in order to gain access to the platform and certificate of attendance.