ASHE On Demand Webinar: Medical Telemetry Management
Date: Nov 02, 2020 - Nov 30, 2021
Medical telemetry is used in most hospitals and many outpatient facilities. This session explores the usage of medical telemetry, including the need for it to be able to operate interference-free from other radio frequency sources. The FCC requires medical telemetry operating in the 608-614, 1395-1400 and 1427-1432 MHz bandwidths to be registered. The process for registration will be discussed. In addition, the concept of bandwidth co-usage and the future of this technology will be discussed.
- Explain the process for the registration medical telemetry equipment.
- Describe the consequences of medical telemetry interference.
- Describe co-use of RF bandwidth.
- Discuss the future bandwidth needs for medical telemetry.
- Timothy Adams, FASHE,CHFM,CHC, Indiana University Health
- Benjamin Leutze, American Society for Health Care Engineering
- Joanna Lynch, Comsearch