ASHE On Demand Webinar: Decarbonization Paths for New and Existing Facilities
Date: Jan 01, 2022 - Dec 31, 2025
This webinar originally aired on 4/8/2022, under the name of So Your State Passed New Sustainability Goals – Now What? For content clarification we have updated the title.
State and Local jurisdictions across the US are setting environmental sustainability and decarbonization goals and targets for commercial buildings. Buildings, including health care facilities, are being held accountable for tracking their energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions. This session provides an overview of regulations already in place. Panelists will provide insights into practical ways to tackle the perceived daunting task of decarbonization. Additionally, panelists will share strategies on developing a sustainability culture with a practical approach to embarking on the journey into the decarbonization of health care facilities.
- Review the various regulations that are being passed across the country and how they impact health care facilities.
- Identify what you need to know about decarbonization including the terminology and ways to achieve results.
- Discuss the strategies for developing a sustainability culture to comply with the new sustainability goals.
- Prepare strategies to bring attention to this topic within your organization.
- Kara Brooks, MS, LEED AP BD & C, Sustainability Program Manager, American Society for Health Care Engineering (ASHE)
- Jason D’Antona, PE, LEED AP | Director of Engineering & Utilities, Mass General Brigham | Real Estate & Facilities
- Fred Betz, PhD LEED AP BD+C, President, Betz Consult, LLC
- Member: $25
- Nonmember: $40