ASHE On Demand Webinar: Infrastructure Investment – Understanding Operational vs. Capital Investment and the Impact on Deferred Maintenance
Date: Jun 15, 2022 - Jun 30, 2025
We hold these truths to be self-evident
, that premature aging or unplanned failure of infrastructure assets increases financial and operational RISK for the organization, that preventative maintenance can significantly extend the useful life and performance of those assets, and that preventative maintenance is often the first victim of operational budget cuts. Simply put, when operating with limited resources, you may be able to fight fires as they start, but you have little chance of preventing them in the first place. In this webinar, we will discuss the current state of infrastructure investment, provide updates on the most recent health care financial trends and learn how to quantify the relationship between operational and capital investment. Does spending MORE money today on operations and preventive maintenance reduce long-term capital needs? Yes it does, and it can even generate a positive ROI for the organization. A message any CFO would like to hear.
This webinar will help attendees better understand the impact of infrastructure deferred maintenance to the physical environment, how to balance investment needs and how to calculate a positive ROI around infrastructure. They will learn the principles of infrastructure investment planning and how to develop a communication strategy with leadership. Case studies and examples will be provided.
- Recognize the state of health care infrastructure and how this applies to them.
- Understand the financial relationship between operational and capital spend.
- Define discretionary and non-discretionary buckets, and quantify investment needs.
- Use asset life cycle and expected useful life data to support investment decisions.
- Discuss positive ROI metrics that can be used to secure engagement with leadership.
- Jonathan Flannery, CHFM, MHSA, FASHE, FACHE, Senior Associate Director of Advocacy, American Society for Health Care Engineering
- Mark Mochel, MBA, PMP, CSM, FCT, ACABE, Senior Vice President, Facility Health Inc. (Affiliate of Dude Solutions, Inc.)
- Member: $25
- Nonmember: $40
This on demand webinar offers 1 CEC for CHFM 3.