Great marketing is storytelling, and nowhere else does storytelling garner more emotion than in health care. After all, we are sharing stories that provide hope, instill trust, and inspire people to take action. Stories can save lives. In all healthcare organizations, there are a myriad of stories waiting to be uncovered, but being able to find the right angle, the right data and the right channels for sharing the stories (at the right time) is essential. Just as importantly, the stories and their messages must properly reflect your brand's personality and content strategy, compliment all other communications, and align with your strategic goals. And when they do, you begin to build a "brand narrative" that impacts both internal and external audiences.
SHSMD is excited to offer this new Advance Credential Series The Power of Effective Storytelling in Health Care On Demand, narrated by expert storytellers, who will guide you through the process of storytelling and share a variety of best practices in and out-of-industry. You will walk away from this course with many actionable ideas ready to be implemented, including:
1. How to develop your storytelling team across organizational silos to uncover data and content
2. An understanding of narrative arc and the importance of tying the story to your brand and content strategy
3. Determining which stories to select, which channels to utilize, and how to create and promote them (iPhone video versus Facebook or blog or all of them)
4. Metrics for measuring your storytelling success and how to report these findings through internal storytelling methods
5. How other marketers, both in and outside the healthcare industry, are using stories to advance their brands
This course will consist of six live webcasts, additional resources (articles, checklists, templates), discussion board assignments spurring the sharing of best practices, and a final exam. Completion of all assignments and successfully passing the exam will result in a SHSMD Advance Credential in Health Care Storytelling.