ASHE On Demand Webinar: The Physical Environment of Pharmacy Compounding
Date: Oct 01, 2020 - Oct 31, 2021
The regulations set forth by the United States Pharmacopeia (USP) and local boards of pharmacy have been changing significantly, leaving many hospitals recently with compliance questions. This presentation will address the reasons behind these standards, common compliance questions and the action steps for a successful outcome.
- Discuss roles and reasoning for pharmacy compounding standards.
- Identify the physical environment requirements for Pharmacy Sterile Compounding Clean Room environmental certification per USP <797>, USP <800> .
- Explain the importance of forming an integrated design team, which includes pharmacy staff, facilities, infection control, architects, engineers, and other key stakeholders.
- Identify how local pharmacy boards are enforcing the USP standards.
- Kevin Scarlett, RA, WA State Department of Health
- Jacob McCall, CHFM, Memorial Hermann Sugar Land Hospital
- Benjamin Leutze, American Society for Health Care Engineering