ASHE Live Online Training: Door Inspection and Maintenance - July 14, 2023
Date: Jul 14, 2023 - Jul 14, 2023
SHOW THAT YOU HAVE BEEN TRAINED TO INSPECT AND MAINTAIN DOORS.
Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJs) are looking at door maintenance programs in new and different ways. Although the code does not require anyone to have special training to inspect or maintain facility doors, this program will help ensure you are in compliance when surveyed, and will help you confidently discuss your door maintenance program when surveyors visit.
Each participant will receive a certificate of completion – suitable to show any surveyor that they have been provided training and exceed the level of qualifications.
Ideally this program would be presented at a volunteer hospital to provide attendees hands-on experience; however, the program is still valuable if a volunteer hospital is unavailable. Attendees will also receive a copy of the ASHE Inspecting and Maintaining Swinging Doors Handbook, a how-to guide to egress and fire door safety specific to health care facilities.
Topics discussed in this course include:
- The differences between door assemblies
- Door component terminology
- Door usage types and categories
- Door maintenance priority levels
- 10 rules to live by when maintaining swinging door assemblies
- The regulations, inspection and testing requirements from NFPA 80, and NFPA 105
- Understand the regulations behind swinging doors and how they apply
- Develop a program you can customize to your facility needs to provide continuous maintenance of doors
- Apply techniques to properly check and maintain doors
- Practice survey techniques for identifying deficiencies often cited by surveyors
- Keith E. Pardoe, FDAI, DAHC, CDC, CDT - President, Pardoe Consulting, LLC
This course offer 7 CECs
- Member: $595
- Nonmember: $695
. Credit hours can be used toward the renewal of the Certified Health Care Facility Manager
(CHFM) credential and the Certified Health Care Constructor
6:00 am - 2:00 pm Pacific Time
7:00 am - 3:00 pm Mountain Time
8:00 am - 4:00 pm Central Time
9:00 am - 5:00 pm Eastern Time
This is a live virtual training course. Please create an individual account and complete individual registration. Only the person registered will gain access and acquire credit for completing the virtual course.
Please note, you will receive further instruction of how to gain access once registration is complete. These steps must be complete in order to gain access to the platform and certificate of attendance.