Public Relations and Communications
in Health Care
8 - April 16, 2021
Now more than ever, staying at the forefront of health care communications is crucial to implementing effective strategies that inspire change.
This SHSMD credential series features expert faculty who will share key trends impacting communication professionals, identify new skillsets required to lead change and develop strategic frameworks that will get you a seat at the table.
Internal and external communications strategies
The evolution of the digital workspace,
Brand journalism and content—earned, owned and paid.
Developing a strategic framework for communications and measuring the impact
Strategic advice for becoming a trusted senior advisor, developing new skills and influencing meaningful change.
By the end of the series, participants will:
- Immerse in key trends impacting health care communications professionals from industry experts
- Build skills in developing strategic communication and change management solutions.
- Grow as trusted advisors and effective change agents
- Apply these learnings to real-world challenges.
- The course culminates with an individual use case assignment developed throughout the course focused around a specific challenge. Faculty and fellow course attendees will provide counsel and input during the final module webinar.
Use Case Assignment
Participants will be asked to identify a use case problem/challenge that they are currently facing in their role.
Throughout the series, faculty will guide them through the process of identifying goals, implementation strategies, and evaluation steps for that use case.
A template will be provided and introduced early in the course, and discussion questions and content throughout the course will help guide them through the template and use case process.
Faculty and fellow course attendees will provide counsel and input and participants will walk away with an actionable plan for that use case, and template for future challenges
SHSMD Digital Credential
Only upon completion of all course requirements will registrants will receive a SHSMD Credential and Health Care Public Relations and Communications.