ASHE In Person: Health Care Construction Workshop, August 7-8, 2023
Date: Aug 07, 2023 - Aug 08, 2023
This workshop will be held alongside the 2023 ASHE Annual Conference, at the headquarter hotel.
This workshop is a separate purchase and fee; not included in the conference general admission or lodging.
Validate your knowledge of working in a health care environment.
Completely updated to include the latest ruling from CMS, the Health Care Construction Workshop combines an e-learning course and a two-day seminar. The program offers education with a comprehensive risk management approach to critical topics in health care construction, including: the health care planning, design, and construction process; Life Safety Code® compliance; construction risk assessment (including general risks and a special focus on infection risks); mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems (MEP); medical gas systems; medical technology; and project expectations.
You will gain an understanding of the latest compliance issues in health care construction, and learn what owners, staff, and patients expect of constructors working in the health care environment.
The Health Care Construction Workshop combines an e-Learning program and a two-day seminar.
Provided with this course:
- 60-day access to the e-Learning program prior to the 2-day onsite workshop (REQUIRED.) Separate registration required, more information provided in confirmation email.
- Once registered, you will receive in your confirmation e-mail how to register for the e-learning program.
- This e-learning is required in order to be successful for the in person workshop!
- Participant handbook with additional tools and resources.
- Q&A with your nationally recognized expert faculty.
- Certificate of course attendance available once evaluation complete in learning center..
- General Contractors
- Health care equipment providers
- Health care facility managers
- Construction project managers
- Infection preventionists wanting to learn more about construction
- Articulate factors that are unique to the planning, design, construction and renovation of health care facilities, and implement best practices based on those factors.
- Identify codes and standards compliance issues that are impacted during planning, design, construction and renovation, and implement measures to ensure compliance.
- Assess construction risks, develop mitigating strategies, monitor the effectiveness of those strategies and determine documentation requirements.
- Prepare a sample comprehensive risk mitigation plan based on a real-world project that can be used to form the foundation of your next health care construction project.
- Facilitate and effectively communicate with the health care construction or renovation project team and stakeholders.
Upon completion of the e-learning and in person workshop, you will gain a total of 17.5 CECs.
- e-Learning provides: 5 CECs
- In Person provides: 12.5 CECs
- ASHE Member: $765
- Nonmember: $965
Hotel information is provided in the registration confirmation email.