AHRMM Webinar: Scanning 301
Date: Oct 16, 2019 - Oct 16, 2019
This webinar will be held on Wednesday, October 16 at 12:00 p.m. CST/1:00 p.m. ET.
The rapid advancement of barcode scanning and RFID technologies coupled with improved interoperability will enable a new level of data analytics that will impact the entire health care field.
In the final webinar of our scanning series, Scanning 301 will focus on how automated capture of the UDI at the point of care serves as the basis with which to improve current operations and ultimately predict which devices will be the most effective for specific patient populations. This session’s speakers will explain how the UDI coupled with machine learning and/or Artificial intelligence (AI) will help track devices and implants and understand their impact in ways we never thought possible. They will provide examples of how information you currently collect can be used to improve operational efficiencies and steps you can take to enhance its future potential.
- Explain the relationships between UDI, good data (fully populated, accurate, unburdened by human error) and big data
- Describe new technologies that will make it possible to capture all devices including surgical tray implants and bill only devices.
- Identify ways UDI solution capabilities can be expanded to improve operations
- Consider how machine learning and AI will augment and enhance data analytics
- Mike Nolan, President, Automatic Identification Systems (AIS)
- Chris Sullivan, Global Healthcare Practice Lead, Zebra Technologies
- Peter Casady, CEO, Champion Healthcare Technologies
This webinar is sponsored by Zebra Technologies and Champion Healthcare Technologies.