AHRMM Webinar: Clinical Benchmarking: Aligning Supply Chain Initiatives with Clinical Outcomes
Date: Jun 26, 2019 - Jun 26, 2019
This webinar will be held on June 26 from 12-1pm Central Time / 1-2pm Eastern Time.
In today’s environment where quality of care and cost of care are being so heavily scrutinized, clinical benchmarking is an invaluable tool for healthcare organizations. As health care organizations strive to reduce costs and improve quality, it is necessary to collaborate with your physician and clinician leadership regarding the utilization of clinical benchmarking data. Clinical benchmarking allows leaders to recognize how their performance compares to like-facilities across the nation and clinical peers, so they can better control care and cost across the organization.
This webinar will explore leading practices for clinical buy-in based on subject matter and outline pitfalls to avoid. We will discuss the data sets necessary to mine and present to clinicians in order to maximize success and organically develop procedure formularies to drive consistent care and maximize the highest quality.
- Identify resources or vendors for which to partner to mine and aggregate data
- Describe what data sets are necessary to mine and present to clinicians, depending on your organization’s politics, audience and adaptability to change
- Identify utilization opportunities that are aligned with performance improvement
- Discuss potential pitfalls of clinical benchmarking and how to avoid them
- Kelli McRory, Director, Strategic Sourcing - Clinical, Jefferson Health