ASHE Webinar: Ventilation Management
Date: Apr 07, 2021 - Apr 07, 2021
With the increased emphasis on ventilation requirements in health care spaces and the conflicting requirements of various authorities having jurisdiction (AHJs), a comprehensive ventilation management plan will help health care organizations manage HVAC systems to maintain compliance with all applicable accreditation, licensure and regulatory standards. Similar to the water management plan, a ventilation management plan is established and supported by a multidisciplinary committee and aims to identify, develop and implement effective strategies to manage and maintain space conditions to meet code-required air exchanges, temperature, humidity and pressure. The plan will also align cross-divisional efforts to provide a standardized, risk-based review of spaces and their specific ventilation requirements and establish common language and processes related to maintaining compliance. A ventilation management plan will ultimately make the hospital a safer place for patients to heal.
- Identify the elements included in a comprehensive ventilation management plan.
- Assess which groups or departments to include in the development of the ventilation management plan.
- Tie a ventilation management plan directly to compliance-related testing and documentation.
- Brooke Bohme, PE, CHFM, LEED AP
- Clayton Smith, FACHE, MBA, CHFM
- Taylor Vaughn, MBA, CHFM, CLSS-HC
April 7, 2021
- 10 a.m. - 11 a.m. PT
- 11 a.m. - 12 p.m. MT
- 12 p.m. - 1 p.m. CT
- 1 p.m. - 2 p.m. ET