ASHE Webinar: What is in Your Kitchen?
Date: Oct 06, 2020 - Oct 06, 2020
Hospital kitchens are under increased regulatory scrutiny, with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) frequently citing Immediate Jeopardy (IJ) in hospital kitchens across the country. A thorough assessment of the kitchen includes Environment of Care (EC), Life Safety, and Infection Prevention and Control (IC) to prevent findings, adverse regulatory outcomes, and most importantly, foodborne transmission of infection to patients. A team (EC/IC) approach to survey the kitchen on a routine basis, and know what to look for and ask kitchen staff, is key to preventing a kitchen disaster.
- Describe three Environment of Care, Life Safety measures are to be addressed in the kitchen.
- Describe three Infection Prevention and Control measures to be addressed in the kitchen.
- What are two ways to prevent foodborne illness from originating in the kitchen?
- Identify two resources that can assist with kitchen assessments to prevent adverse outcomes.
- Lisa Waldowski, DNP,CIC, Senior Consultant, Tier1 Performance- Healthcare
- Kenneth Blackwell, LCSC, CHSP, Senior Consultant Tier1 Performance Healthcare