ASHE VILT: Working In Health Care: Certified Health Care Physical Environment Worker Education & Exam Review March 26, 2021
Date: Mar 26, 2021 - Mar 26, 2021
As a subcontractor or specialty contractor, it’s important to understand the complexities of working in a health care construction environment.
This virtual instructor lead training (VILT) offers training for subcontractors, specialty contractors and those who are working in the health care environment. Participants will gain knowledge of the unique intricacies of working in a hospital or other health care facility, and can showcase their participation in this program to market their subcontractor or specialty contractor services.
Topics covered in this program include risks to patients during construction; fundamentals of Life Safety and Interim Life Safety Measures (ILSM); infection prevention; equipment and systems unique to health care facilities; and customer and patient expectations.
Provided with this program:
- Course materials that supplement your learning.
- Certificate of course completion that can be used to market your knowledge.
- 4 CEC's.
- Articulate factors that are unique to the construction and renovation of health care facilities and implement best practices based on those factors.
- Implement the precautions required for construction in a health care facility to ensure safe and effective healing environments are maintained during a project.
- Specialty contractors
- It is recommended that general contractors and construction project managers take ASHE’s Health Care Construction Workshop and that at least one person on the job site has the Certified Healthcare Constructor (CHC) Certification. It is then recommended that anyone else on the job site should be a Certified Health Care Physical Environment Worker
- Renee Jacobs, FASHE, CHFM, Vice President, Level Midwest, Inc
- John DiGirolomo, MBA, CHFM, CHC, Senior Vice President, St. Barnabas Hospital
After registration, access the sessions through the Learning Center by going to ASHE.org and clicking the “My Learning” link. You will receive additional instructions once registration is complete on how to gain access to the session.
For the best experience, it is recommended that you log into Adobe Connect using the app downloaded to your desktop instead of the web browser option. If you haven’t already downloaded Adobe Connect app please use
the following links to help with setup:
For Windows: https://www.adobe.com/go/Connectsetup
For Mac: https://www.adobe.com/go/ConnectSetupMac
Friday, March 26, 2021
6:00 am - 2:00 pm PT
7:00 am - 3:00 pm MT
8:00 am - 4:00 pm CT
9:00 am - 5:00 pm ET
THIS IS A VIRTUAL COURSE. PLEASE CREATE AN INDIVIDUAL ACCOUNT AND COMPLETE AN INDIVIDUAL REGISTRATION.
ONLY THE COURSE PURCHASER WILL GAIN ACCESS AND ACQUIRE CREDIT FOR COMPLETING THE VIRTUAL 1 DAY PROGRAM.