ANSI/ASHRAE/ASHE Standard 170-2017, Ventilation of Health Care Facilities - Digital Edition
Access to the complete library of ASHE monographs and discounts on all publications are included in ASHE membership. Visit ashe.org/ashe-membership now!
ANSI/ASHRAE/ASHE Standard 170 offers guidance, regulation and mandates to designers of health care facilities. The revised 2017 edition incorporates 12 addenda to the 2013 standard and includes the following significant changes:
- Addition of adiabatic humidifiers as an acceptable type
- Addition of a new type of exam room with lower requirements for less-acute applications
- Clarification around the prohibition of controls to change pressure relationships between spaces
- Reduction in requirements for electroconvulsive therapy procedure rooms
- Reduction in requirements for laboratories when allowed by certain calculations
- Higher requirements for higher hazard exhaust airstreams
- Coordination of space temperature requirements in the Sterile Processing Department with other industry groups
- Clarification of the definition of the primary diffuser array in operating rooms
The standard has also been reorganized into three sections: hospital spaces, outpatient spaces, and nursing home spaces. These changes were made to bring Standard 170 into alignment with the forthcoming 2018 FGI Guidelines.
There is no print edition of this publication. Once purchased, a PDF of the publication can be downloaded and printed.
Why isn’t this available in print? In support of our global sustainability and decarbonization initiatives, ASHE is reducing print offerings for certain publications.
Questions may be directed to the ASHE team at firstname.lastname@example.org.