AHRMM On-Demand Webinar: Reduce Costs through Strategic Collaboration with Suppliers
Although suppliers and providers may have hesitations and barriers to a partnership approach, it is possible to collaborate on total cost of ownership – provided the right mechanisms are put into place at the start.
In this panel discussion, provider and supplier industry leaders discuss how trading partners can engage in conversations involving total cost of ownership (TCO) and shared risk by adopting best practices for the purchase of products and capital equipment. The panel will discuss what it takes to work together on the concept of by using those agreed upon approaches. Hear their diverse experiences as they identify the variables that make a successful partnership, where pitfalls can happen, and steps to overcome challenges.
Open conversations will increase transparency around TCO and help move the conversation from price to a more holistic approach that focuses on efficiency, and can ultimately reduce cost for both parties and have a positive impact on patient care.
- Identify the critical success factors in implementing TCO with a partner
- Hold productive internal conversations on when it’s appropriate to properly evaluate partnerships and products for TCO
- Use shared practices and tools to successfully collaborate with a partner to identify TCO
- Richard Bagley, Senior Vice President/Chief Supply Chain Officer, Penn State Health
- Robin Lane, Senior Manager Value Analysis, UPMC
- Gloria Graham, Clinical Value Analyst, Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
- Mike Hughes, Vice President, Supply Chain Solutions, Customer Support & Deliver, Cook Medical
This webinar is sponsored by AHRMM's CQO Movement Sponsor, Cook Medical.