AHRMM On-Demand Webinar: Product Disruptions are Impacting my Business Continuity
Business continuity encompasses planning and preparation to ensure that an organization can continue to operate in the event of a serious incident or disaster, and is able to recover to an operational state within a reasonably short period of time. In this panel session a provider, supplier and distributor representative will each discuss their roles, and how they can work together to develop and implement supply continuity plans for disaster and emergency events. Presenters will outline what each group should expect from the others as they establish leading practices that minimize the impact supply disruption events have on their organizations.
- Define a product disruption (shortages, discontinuations, recalls, etc.).
- Describe a process to respond to a product disruption that includes key leadership stakeholders for decision making and communication.
- Identify and address potential business continuity risk factors.
- List steps to be taken to assure timely and coordinated response protecting patients and clinicians from adverse outcomes.
- Explain the various questions providers, suppliers and distributors should be asking each other and how the information should be used in the emergency planning process.
- Terri Nelson BSN, RN, MA, Director, Value Analysis, Supply Chain Category Management, Mayo Clinic
- Jason Burnham, Associate Director, Outbreak Readiness, Owens & Minor Halyard Products Division
- Annisa Claunch, Sr. Accounts Manager, Owens & Minor