AHRMM Webinar: Leadership Dynamics in Health Care Supply Chain
Date: Oct 02, 2019 - Oct 02, 2019
This webinar will be on October 2 at 12:00 p.m. Central / 1:00 p.m. Eastern.
Sustainable leadership is a hot topic being discussed throughout the health care supply chain field, and with good cause. Oftentimes when an organization’s leadership changes, many issues arise such as reduced morale and increased negativity. In addition, critical information held by a 30-year retiring employee may be lost. To top it off with the relatively new differences in communication and work styles between employees, leaders have more to consider than ever.
There are specific skills and knowledge points that a new or emerging leader must take into account, aside from basic management qualities. New and emerging leaders must dig deep and work to learn their own capabilities and strengths, as well as be able to adapt their management styles to the varied personalities and work ethics of their individual employees. In addition, new leaders must handle certain situations where they are promoted over their peers or start managing people who are older and have been around longer, as well as figure out how to be taken seriously. In this webinar, we will hear an engaging conversation with emerging, retiring, and change leaders and their perspectives of the leadership skills needed for the current and future workforce. As you listen to their experiences, you will consider your own team and how you can handle the situations that you may and most likely will encounter.
- Identify and align your individual capabilities and strengths within leadership role(s)
- Explain how to lead a team of varying ages and personalities to successful project outcomes.
- Describe five key practices that can increase success as a leader
- Discuss the necessity of collaboration and information exchange between new, emerging and retiring leaders and develop a plan to begin discussions within your organization
- Joe Walsh, Coach, Educator, Advisor at Supply Chain Sherpas
- Kreg Koford, Senior Vice President of Supply Chain and Sustaining Care Services, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Sara Henderson, Vice President of Supply Chain, Avera Health
- David Reed, Vice President of Healthcare Solutions, Cook Medical
This webinar is sponsored by AHRMM's CQO Sponsor, Cook Medical.