AHRMM Webinar: Scanning 101
Date: Jun 13, 2019 - Jun 13, 2019
This webinar will be held on Thursday, June 13 at 1:00 p.m. CST/2:00 p.m. ET.
Management of inventory turns, reducing waste due to product expiration, and reducing annual audit shortfalls are all possible thanks to the UDI barcode. Although scanning is a common practice throughout hospitals today with pharmaceuticals/patient identification, it’s brand new for implants and other devices. Many health systems are still typing device identifiers into their EHR systems for implants. This is a dangerous practice due to the known potential for human error.
In the first of three webinars, leading field experts will focus on the immense benefits of using scanning technology to document medical device usage. UDI scans can improve patient safety through recall and expiration date management, reduce clinical time spent documenting product use, and ultimately reduce costs each year.
- Define the terminology associated with UDI
- List the characteristics of barcode scanning including speed, accuracy, timeliness of data and subsequent uses
- Discuss the benefits and associated efficiencies with scanning the UDI
- Mike Nolan, President, Automatic Identification Systems (AIS)
- Chris Sullivan, Zebra Technologies
- Peter Casady, CEO, Champion Healthcare Technologies
This webinar is sponsored by Zebra Technologies and Champion Healthcare Technologies.