ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Coding Handbook, with Answers, 2024 Rev. Ed., ePub + PDF
ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Coding Handbook With Answers, Rev. 2024 Ed., ePub + PDF
- AHA Order Number: P148081
- Format: ePub + PDF Download
- Category: eBooks
- ISBN: 9781556484926
- Member Price: $104.95
- Non-member Price: $122.95
Please note: ebooks are not returnable.
The ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Coding Handbook With Answers, Revised 2024 Edition, ePub + PDF, by Nelly Leon-Chisen is the only guide published in collaboration with the Central Office on ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS of the American Hospital Association: the most trusted source of coding advice in the medical-coding field. Thoroughly updated annually, the Handbook reflects updates to the Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting as well as current AHA Coding Clinic advice. It is the most popular textbook for training hospital and physician office coding professionals and intermediate coding students because of its logical approach to coding instruction. It includes easy-to-understand illustrations of anatomy and common disorders and procedures. To reinforce a student’s understanding, each chapter includes clear and practical exercise questions and answers that progress from easy to more difficult. Appendix C comprises advanced case examples based on actual health records and includes code-assignment explanations. Additional appendixes explain coding and reimbursement methodologies and reporting of the present on admission indicator—valuable information for new coding students. The AHA’s ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Coding Handbook is the preeminent resource for ICD-10 medical coding students and coding professionals.
For Educators Only!
Visit the AHA’s Coding Clinic Advisor website to download complementary PowerPoint slides that cover key points of each chapter and chapter quizzes.
About the Authors
- Nelly Leon-Chisen headed the AHA Central Office on ICD-10-CM/PCS and the Central Office on HCPCS for over 20 years. She was the executive editor of AHA Coding Clinic® for ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS and a member of the four Cooperating Parties, the group responsible for the development of the ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting and the Coding Clinic advice.
- Denene M. Harper, RHIA, is the Director of Coding and Classification of Content at the American Hospital Association. She has more than 20 years of experience as a coding consultant and has worked as a hospital coder as well as in quality improvement at a health plan. Ms. Harper is also an AHIMA-approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer.
- Anita Rapier, RHIT, CCS, is a Senior Coding Consultant at the American Hospital Association. She has more than 30 years experience in health information management, combining a broad knowledge base of ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS and CPT Coding in acute care, psychiatric and rehab facilities and long term care settings. Ms. Rapier is an AHIMA-approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer.
- Gretchen Young-Charles, RHIA, is a Senior Coding Consultant at the American Hospital Association. She has more than 25 years of experience and specializes in quality review and rehabilitation coding. Prior to joining the AHA, Ms. Young-Charles had experience as both a hospital Director of Medical Records and a DRG coordinator. Ms. Young-Charles is an AHIMA-approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer.
Accessing AHA Ebooks
AHA digital products are accessed, viewed, and downloaded from our partner, Tizra, by logging in at ebooks.aha.org. The online acceptance of a User License Agreement is required prior to completing the order transaction.
- There is no software required to view the eBook.
- You will receive a confirmation email within one hour of your online order from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will receive another email from email@example.com with the subject line “Important Information Regarding Accessing Your AHA Ebook on Tizra.” This email contains access instructions and your individual log-in credentials. Make sure to check your SPAM folder if email hasn't arrived. If you do not receive the email within one hour of your online order, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Due to the nature of this content, once accessed, your payment is non-refundable.