ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Coding Handbook, without Answers, 2024 Rev. Ed. - Print Format
ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Coding Handbook Without Answers, 2024 Edition
The ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Coding Handbook Without Answers by Nelly Leon-Chisen is the only guide published in collaboration with the Central Office on ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS of the American Hospital Association—the most trusted source of coding advice in the medical-coding field. Thoroughly updated annually, the Handbook reflects updates to the Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting as well as current AHA Coding Clinic advice. It is the most popular textbook for training hospital and physician office coding professionals and intermediate coding students because of its logical approach to coding instruction. It includes easy-to-understand illustrations of anatomy and common disorders and procedures. To reinforce a student’s understanding, each chapter includes clear and practical exercise questions and answers that progress from easy to more difficult. Appendix C comprises advanced case examples based on actual health records. Additional appendixes explain coding and reimbursement methodologies and reporting of the present on admission indicator—valuable information for new coding students. The AHA’s ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Coding Handbook is the preeminent resource for ICD-10 medical coding students and coding professionals.
About the Authors
- Nelly Leon-Chisen headed the AHA Central Office on ICD-10-CM/PCS and the Central Office on HCPCS for over 20 years. She was the executive editor of AHA Coding Clinic® for ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS and a member of the four Cooperating Parties, the group responsible for the development of the ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting and the Coding Clinic advice.
- Denene M. Harper, RHIA, is the Director of Coding and Classification of Content at the American Hospital Association. She has more than 20 years of experience as a coding consultant and has worked as a hospital coder as well as in quality improvement at a health plan. Ms. Harper is also an AHIMA-approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer.
- Anita Rapier, RHIT, CCS, is a Senior Coding Consultant at the American Hospital Association. She has more than 30 years experience in health information management, combining a broad knowledge base of ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS and CPT Coding in acute care, psychiatric and rehab facilities and long term care settings. Ms. Rapier is an AHIMA-approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer.
- Gretchen Young-Charles, RHIA, is a Senior Coding Consultant at the American Hospital Association. She has more than 25 years of experience and specializes in quality review and rehabilitation coding. Prior to joining the AHA, Ms. Young-Charles had experience as both a hospital Director of Medical Records and a DRG coordinator. Ms. Young-Charles is an AHIMA-approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer.
Additional Product Details
- Approx. xvi + 732 pages, paperback
- ISBN: 978-1-55648-493-3
- AHA Order Number: 148082
- Member Price: $107.95
- Non-member Price: $119.95